Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Florida Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Dental Assistant to provide coverage at the Florida State Prison Annex located in Raiford, FL.
* Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm
* Under direct supervision, assists the dentist and/or dental hygienist in chair side dentistry. * Prepares dental instruments and the dental operatory. * May perform administrative tasks. * Prepares and maintains dental operatory and instruments and disinfects and sterilizes dental instruments in compliance with accepted infection control procedures. * Operates radiographic equipment to obtain dental radiographs of patients. * Assists the dentist by providing direct chair side technical support processes. * Follows all safety/risk management practices in performing duties. * Follows all applicable security procedures and performs routine clerical functions for the dental facility.
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for FT dental assistants including:
* Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance * 401(k) with company match * Generous paid time off * Paid holidays * Flexible Spending Account * Much more...
Come and see what Centurion/MHM has to offer!!
* High school diploma or its recognized equivalent * Completion of a technical school program in dental assisting or six months of experience as a dental assistant required * Certification as an expanded duty dental assistant preferred * Certification and/or previous experience performing dental x-rays preferred * Must maintain current tuberculosis screening documentation and active CPR certification * Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain agency security clearance when applicable * Experience in a correctional setting preferred
We are seeking a very motivated individual with a matching personality. This candidate will also be responsible for administrative duties so basic computer skills are also required.
Associated topics: bilingual, certified dental assistant, clinical, clinical assistant, dental assistant, efda, oxide, radiographer, steps, x ray Associated topics: assistant, dental biller, bilingual, certified dental assistant, clinical, efda, oxide, radiographer, steps, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.