If you are looking for a great PART TIME schedule apply!
Metro Dentalcare is a large group practice with more than 40 locations throughout the Minneapolis and St. Paul metropolitan area. Our caring dentists and dental professionals share a vision of providing superior patient care focused on the individual needs of each patient. Metro Dentalcare's general dentistry offices are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and all offices feature electronic dental records and digital x-rays.
Mon - 1:30 - 8 pm
Wed 6:30 - 2pm
Fri 7-1 pm
As a Dental Assistant with our practice, you will be responsible for assisting our providers in delivering quality care to patients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment, have a \"can do\" personality, and be able to complete their assigned work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology, instruments, maintenance, and proper tray setups.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Uphold a positive rapport with staff members and patients at all times.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Demonstrate safe and cost effective practices when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support shared vision and values.
Associated topics: assistant, dental biller, bilingual, certified dental assistant, clinical, dental assistant, efda, radiographer, steps, x ray